Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Monday, December 31, 2012

Shannon visits Boston

Rachel's sister Shannon visited Boston and the post below is written by her about her trip.

On December 21st I was able to fly to Boston with Rachel and Jason’s boys Trett and Jadd. I can’t even tell you how grateful I was for this opportunity and how excited I was to finally be able to visit!! Rachel and I have always been very close and it had been almost 10 months since I had seen her and sweet baby Ryker (the last time I saw them was on the day that Ryker was born). Needless to say it was a little emotional when I saw them. Rachel, Jason, Braylee, and Addi came to pick us up from the airport and then we all went to see Ryker in the hospital. Fortunately Ryker was on the Recovery floor, so we were all able to be in his room with him at the same time. I am so grateful that I was able to be part of their reunion! Being there with them made me realize how incredibly strong they all are! It is something that I never fully understood until I went there. I have always known that Rachel and Jason were amazing parents and that they had a very strong family, but Ryker has made them so much stronger and it was amazing to see it in person! Rachel and Jason give everything they have to their kids! I could go on and on about what selfless parents they are!

During the two days that I was there Ryker was thankfully doing very well! I was so glad that I was able to hold him and to see his sweet smile! He is such a tuff little guy even with all that he has gone through he still was so smiley and sweet! Even on a good day Ryker goes through so much that I never knew about before being there and he is so brave throughout it all. The staff at the hospital is so amazing! You can tell that they love and care about Ryker so much. Nurses would stop Rachel or Jason in the hall to ask how Ryker was doing and they would come to his room to check on him even though they were not his nurse at that time. It was very comforting to see that there are so many doctors and nurses that care so much for him all the time!

Since I was only able to stay for 2 days Rachel and I only slept for about 2 hours the whole time! I loved being able to hold and snuggle Ryker for hours while Rachel and I caught up on things. I wish that we weren’t so far away so that we could do this all the time! I think I miss her more since I left then I did before I went! J Rachel is stronger than she ever gives herself credit for! I have never met a more positive, selfless, brave, and loving mom! She has been such a great example to me and so many others and I am so thankful to have her as my sister!

Since I was there just a few days before Christmas I was able to see how giving so many people have been for them especially around the holidays. There were so many sweet and thoughtful cards and gifts sent to them from many of Ryker’s amazing fans. It brought tears to my eyes!! I am so grateful for all the prayers and support you have given them throughout Ryker’s journey and you all have truly inspired me to be a better person!

I cannot wait to visit again, hopefully for a lot longer next time and be able to bring my husband and baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment