Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Meeting update

Post from Rachel ~ It has been a very hard week...specifically the last 48 hours! I have checked out mentally & emotionally, so I apologize that I have avoided FB all together. We had a long hard talk on Monday evening with most of Ryker's team. In that meeting we were told the heart wrenching news that Ryker is in need of a heart transplant in order for him to have his best chance at life......we have always known 
that heart transplant was something that Ryker may need in the future, we just never thought that it would be so soon. To be given that news & know full well that our baby may not be a transplant candidate was, needless to say, excruciating & emotional news to receive! This morning Boston's Transplant Team thoroughly discussed Ryker in their board meeting & came to the conclusion that Ryker "could" potentially be a Transplant candidate, however there are many complexities that come with the word "could". Ryker has never been a cut & dry "Yes or No" kind of baby when it comes to his very complex anatomy, so we never expected it to be a simple answer. We just hoped & prayed with all our hearts it could be this one time. From here there are a lot of possibilities & unknowns.....leaving a lot of information for Jason & I to emotionally digest & eventually have to make decisions no parent should ever have to be faced with. We appreciate your prayers, love & concern more than you all could ever know. Please keep the positive energy coming for our Beautiful baby boy!! 



2 comments:

  1. I'm also in Belchertown, and I just heard about your family and Ryker through "Belchertown Can!" I do have some toys and games to donate to your family. How could I get it to you? I've also sent your info to my my church in South Hadley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dalene,
      Thank you for the comment. Can you please email me at tisha_weber@yahoo.com and we can work something out? Thank you.

      Delete