Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Whirlwind

It has been a whirlwind of a day in the world of Ryker.

Here is the first post and photo of the day regarding Ryker from Rachel:
After a long night of Ryker getting EXTREMELY mad, breath holding & making all the nurses come running, they finally agreed with me that it may be the ventilator tube in his nose that was making him so upset....So as of 6am my tough baby boy is EXTUBATED, breathing all on his own & sleeping comfortably!!! YAY RYKER!!!!! :) :) :)

Later in the afternoon when Ryker was with his Dad he stopped breathing all together and they had to perform chest compressions to get him back. In Jason's own words "it scared him to death". Ryker has been doing better but is still destatting and they are unsure why. Jason posted the following photo after Ryker crashed with the following caption, "I don't know how to explain 1 minute he looks like this and earlier I was scared to death when he totally stopped breathing on us I can't believe how good he looks". 
Please keep Ryker, his doctors, nurses and parents in your prayers. Thank you so much!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That would scare the life out of me, I do know that! And yet look at how perfect lil Ryker looks there. Were it not for all the wires and whatnot, he'd look like a perfectly healthy, alert, happy little boy.

    ReplyDelete