Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Update

From Rachel posted 10/28/12 -
When Ryker woke up yesterday with the ventilator tube in his nose he was pretty upset & trying to pull it out (understandably so! I would be too) But really considering it all he has been tolerating it pretty well. Then this morning we just got some sad news....We found out that his peripheral culture (a blood culture that comes directly from his vein, not through any line) came back positive for 
infection...:( I am devastated!!! When his WBC & CRP jumped the way they did the other day I was so scared that it was in his blood stream, but I prayed so hard that I was wrong! My poor sweet boy! No wonder why he has been having such a hard time :( Luckily he is intubated so that he can hopefully get some good rest & be able to really recover from this horrible infection! Please pray so hard that the many antibiotics that Ryker is on will fight this infection quickly, so he can soon be back to his sweet smiley self & feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment