Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ryker Updates

Update from Rachel 10/23/12
My Beautiful Baby boy sleeping peacefully for the first time in over 24 hours!!! It's amazing what an Awesome nurse that knows him very well can do!! Thank you Sonya!!! Both Ryker & I are always so grateful for you!! :)

Update from Rachel 10/22/12
Ryker had a good night! He hasn't spiked another fever in over 12 hrs :) & all his numbers have improved quite a bit! His blood cultures from his peripheral stick have not grown anything back as of now (Thanks be to God!!) & they just send a whole new round of cultures to see where we stand as far as whether or not the broviac line will need to go. I am praying that we will be able to keep it beca...
use they have been unsuccessful in giving him a PICC line numerous times now & so Dr. DelNido had to surgically place this line in order for him to have any line at all....So needless to say he desperately needs it, however I don't want to compromise him at all by keeping it either! As of now everything has kinda been put on a halt just waiting to see what he does in the next 24 hours & they are monitoring him very closely!! Regardless of all this that is going on he has continued to be so incredibly sweet & still smiles at me & his nurses so much! I cannot get over how unbelievable my sweet baby boy is! He is my little hero!!! :)

Update from Rachel 10/21/12
I don't really know where to start...I am exhausted & so emotional, so I hope I get it all. So much has happened in the last few days...
A few days ago Ryker stopped peeing again, my automatic instinct was being absolutely terrified because not peeing is a sign of heart failure, but Thank you God he is producing urine (showing that his cardiac output is fine) but for whatever reason he just isn't...
letting it out on his own, so for now he has a urine catheter to assist him in that department until we figure out why that is happening. I have gotten the urology department involved as well, but any input on this would be muchly appreciated, because nobody seems to really know for sure.
Then as I have been so worried about that, I was smacked in the face with the fact that the peeing problem really wasn't that big of a deal when he suddenly spiked a fever of 39.3!! From there we ran cultures, dosed him up on Tylenol, & ice-packed him to keep him cool & thank goodness- put him straight onto heavy duty antibiotics just to be safe, because within only about 6hrs 3 of his cultures came back positive.....(just to give you all a little back round, throughout our whole 7 months of being here he has spiked MANY fevers & not one of his cultures has ever come back positive, so this has been a total shock for us) Two of the positive culture were from his bran new broviac line (both ports) This is Terrifying!!! & I have been trying my hardest not to get too emotional over it. We don't know yet whether or not the infection has gotten into his blood stream or if it is just in his broviac line, but either way his bran new broviac line will more than likely have to be pulled & somehow we will have to find new access (which is extremely hard for Ryker) So PLEASE, Please, please pray that his blood culture will come back negative so that he doesn't have to be put through SO MUCH more with having a horrible blood infection on top of all else & that he will either be able to keep his broviac (without any added risks for him) or that they will be able to find new (easy) access for my sweet boy!!
So for the last about 24 hours Ryker has been pretty uncomfortable...:( But thank goodness he & I have been able to snuggle lots! Which considering my emotional state right now, dealing with all of this on top of having my whole Family 2,000 miles away from me right now...snuggling is all BOTH Ryker & I need right now, along with maybe a little sleep! :)

Thank you for all your prayers!

10/19/12 Sweet little Ryker got a hair cut.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment