Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Friday, September 7, 2012

Update - Off Ecmo

As of exactly 5:02pm (Boston Time) RYKER IS OFF ECMO!!!! He was on ECMO for exactly 3 days & 35 minutes.....That is really very good & a considerably short amount of time considering the circumstances! I couldn't be more proud of my baby boy!! He is SUCH a tough little fighter & he is doing Amazing, just getting some much needed rest :) The plan is to leave him alone for a good chunk of time & let him fully recover, then from there they will go into a thorough investigation of what happened & how to prevent it from happening again.

I want everyone to know that even though I may not respond to all the messages & texts, I get every single one of them & they all mean the world to me! Sometimes just reading all the messages/comments/texts of all your love & support while I sit by Ryker's side in silence trying to my absolute hardest to cope, is EXACTLY what I need to mentally make it through. Thank you all!! ~ Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment