Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Update & Fundraisers

Most important updates from Rachel via facebook

#1 Im sorry it has taken me so long to update. The last few days have been beyond all words Emotional!! Ryker handled his 5 hour Cath very well, however, the news we received afterwards was not at all what we had hoped for! I am not to a point right now where I can talk about the details, but I will say that his PVS is back & worse than it ever has been before. We are currently trying our absolute hardest to stay as positive as we can so that our little Ryker can feel all the positivity that he deserves. It kills me to say this, but Ryker's Broviac line broke last night, so we are prepping him to head back the the Cath Lab soon to get another central line placed, please continue your much needed prayers for my sweet boy! Thank you all so much for your kind words & prayers during this hard time, we appreciate it all so much!!

#2 Ryker is back from the Cath Lab & doing well. They were able to get a new subclavian Broviac line in place & pull the old cracked line. They didn't have to do Transhepatic (through his liver) this time so that is so exciting! We are in hopes of extubating him either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. The sooner the better so that this feisty little guy doesn't pull the breathing tube out himself! I love his feistiness, I know it's what gets him through! Please pray that extubation goes smoothly so we can soon be back on the road to recovery! 

#3 Please hold your babies tight for me tonight, as I would do anything in the world to hold any of my 5 babies in my arms at this moment! My handsome big boys who are 2,000 miles away in Utah, my Beautiful girls who are 70 miles away in Western Mass & my Amazing little Miracle Ryker who I am sitting right next to holding his perfect little hand, yet I 
can't snuggle him just yet....I am praying by morning he will be comfortably in my arms!! Please live for today & THIS moment & hold your babies close!! I am so grateful for an Amazing friend who loves my girls so much that she has them tonight, which makes my Husband being here with me during this hard time possible, so I don't have to do it alone. Thank you to the MANY wonderful people that are a part of our journey in anyway! I love & appreciate you all very much!

Fundraiser in Utah
Hey Ryker fans, I am Ryker's aunt. I am currently putting together a fundraiser here in Salt Lake, Utah for this sweet little boy! I am just wondering if any of you would be able to help out. I am going to be doing a bake sale at the Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville campus on Valentines Day. I am just hoping some of you would be able to either donate baked goods (they can't be homemade since it is at a public school), money for us to be able to buy some baked goods, Wor your time at the school to help me keep it organized. We are going to be keeping the theme of Valentines day, so we are thinking things like cookies, chocolates, or even flowers. We are having a lady with a food handler's permit dip strawberries, raspberries, oreos, and all sorts of goodies for gift bags, but we need help getting all of the supplies. Please private message me, or email me at laceshoes16@gmail.com if you will be able to help in any way! Everyone is welcome to come and buy some things also. Thanks everyone! -Shaylyn

Online Auction
Maddi is once again putting on her fabulous online auction for Ryker and his family starting Valentines Day and ending on Ryker's birthday March 7th. The last auction was a big hit. If you have any items you would like to donate please visit the facebook page set up for the auction. If you would like to see items that are going to be up for bid please frequent the page from now until March 7th so you do not miss out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment