Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A post that will make your day!!!

One week home & it has been nothing short of AMAZING!!! Ryker is doing incredible & smiling the entire time! I have never in all Ryker's life seen him so good, so relaxed & so happy & completely content all at the same time! He lets his arms hang loose (his arms have been extremely tight since ECMO) for the first time in almost 5 months & he is jabbering more than he ever has before! He is kicking his legs & squirming his entire body when he is excited, like as if he wants to get up & dance! He is the cutest & happiest baby I have ever met!! All his new wonderful Home Nurses are constantly commenting, saying- by the looks of him, if they hadn't seen his scars they would never guess that he had been through so much! He is just so sweet regardless of it all! I am completely adjusted to all the meds & busyness. I had to get extremely organized in it all before I could feel like I had an extra second in the day. He gets meds every 2 hours around the clock, all enteral through his Gtube besides his Lovanox shots that he gets one in the morning & one at night, which is ABSOLUTELY horrible!!! Breaks my heart every single time! We always have a nice long cuddle time together after the shot & that seems to lessen the blow..:( He has 20 medications, along with a Multivitamin, Iron, 2 different lactobacillus probiotics, Melatonin, & a green combination that I have added all in to keep him as healthy as possible! I have LOVED being able to finally have say over what gets & doesn't get! I can tell a difference because of it too! :) He is now on the perfect day & night schedule & pretty well sleeps through the night....it's just his every 2 hour meds that keep us up, but it's so-SO worth it, those meds are what keep him alive every day of his life & I am so grateful for all of them & SO grateful for his Gtube so that I don't have to make him taste all those yucky meds either! So bottom line is....IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN WONDERFUL! Every single second of ALL OF IT!!! Watching his face light up at every new thing that he has never seen or experienced before, is beyond all words- PRICELESS!! This boy deserves the world & we are going to give it to him & it excites me more than I can even begin to describe! Sorry I have been so bad at updating, we are just enjoying every second! Thank you all for your kind words, love, support, prayers, cards, gifts & all!! You all have been such a great support group & FB Family through it all!! ♥ ~ Rachel

1 comment:

  1. He is such an adorable little guy! My daughter is 2 days older then him and I can't imagine going through this!! You guys are one strong family! I'm so glad he is doing great and loving being home where he belongs!! Best wishes and exited for more updates! Your always in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete