Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Our Miracle - Ryker's Journey with Heterotaxy

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Update & Ryker on the News

Ryker got to enjoy being outside for the first time yesterday for family photos.  He is headed back into the cath lab on friday and needs prayer's. More detailed posts from Rachel below. 
Their was a news segment featuring Children and the Earth, Inc. and includes our little Miracle Ryker.
http://www.kutv.com/news/features/pay-it-forward/stories/vid_35.shtml.


Facebook post from Rachel in the evening 7/11/12
The plan for Ryker tomorrow was to do a thorough sedated echo & a lung scan (a lung scan is when they put dye into his IV & watch it thru an "xray like" machine so they can see the amount of blood flow that gets to his lungs) so Ryker's Doctors could see how his PVS (pulmonary vein stinosis) was doing. This in itself made me so nervous! As much as I would like to know how it is doing....I also don't! I am terrified! I also knew that based on the info they receive from this echo could mean a cath in the next few days. & again...I was TERRIFIED, enough to where I have been putting off this post! But then the nurse just now came into me & said- "The plan for tomorrow has changed, we are still doing the lung scan in the morning, but we are holding off on the echo until after a cath that Dr. Marx has ordered to do on Friday"..........Ugh!!! I now have a massive pit in my stomach! This means that on Friday (my sweet Addisyn's birthday-just to top it off! The day our family had planned on spending at the aquarium for Addisyn's 3rd birthday) Ryker will be intubated AGAIN, sedated & sent back to the cath lab for what I pray to God is good results! :( Please-please pray for my sweet baby boy, that his pulmonary vein stinosis hasn't gotten worse & that there is no other hidden surprises waiting. That we will get great results & he will recover quickly so he can be back to his happy self & going outside again soon!!


Facebook post from Rachel in the AM 7/11/12.......
Today Ryker got to go outside for his very first time EVER!!! HE LOVED IT!! :) He was looking around like it was the most amazing things he had ever seen (I'm sure it actually was) He loved the trees above him & the little breeze of fresh air! I was SO happy for him to have that time in the sunshine! We were able to convince the Doctors to let him go outside cause we wanted to do some family pictures while we are all here together, & it was PERFECT!! I will post them as soon as I get them. Thank you so much Nikki Cole photography for donating your time time & wonderful skills on us today! Can't wait to see them all!
Oh- & also the whole time we were outside Ryker was off the oxygen & when we brought him back to his room & plugged him into his pulse ox monitor he was 82 for his sats!!! Ya buddy! :)

Jason posted the following - One of the best days ever for me as the dad of such an amazing family

No comments:

Post a Comment